Open Evening Tuesday 28th September 2021
Headteachers Presentation will take place at 5:30pm, 6:15pm and 7pm in the Performance Hall. Three sittings have been scheduled so that we can limit capacity to ensure social distancing.
A schedule of activities per department will be added ASAP.
Please click below for the Flyer.
We look forward to seeing you all!
For September 2022
- Kirklees local authority manages admissions process and you can apply online. We have 172 places.
- Parents wishing to apply for a place at Royds Hall SHARE Academy for their child in Year 7 for 2022/23 must complete the SCAF supplied by their home local authority. Children with a statement of special educational needs will have a slightly different admissions process.
- If you live in Kirklees apply using: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/admissions/apply-secondary-school-place.aspx The completed SCAF should be returned by 31st October 2021 to Kirklees LA.
- Parents/carers must list Royds Hall a SHAREMAT Academy as one of their three preferences of secondary schools on the SCAF.
- Parents will be informed of the school allocation via email from the local authority on Tuesday 1st March 2022.
- Children on roll at Luck Lane and Lily Park in Year 6 will be offered a place at the secondary school phase but will need to apply via the Kirklees system.
- The governors operate an independent appeals process
- Write to Miss V Sheath PA to the Head teacher, marking your letter as “Admission Appeal”
- You can discuss matters with our Assistant Headteacher (Mr D Hall) in charge of admissions.
- Once a written request has been received, we will endeavour to arrange the appeal panel within 10 working days.
Over Subscription Criteria – for September 2022
If there are fewer applicants than there are places available, everyone who applies will be offered a place. When there are more applicants than there are places available there has to be a way of deciding which children are offered places. This is done by having admission criteria which are considered in strict order of priority:
- Children in public care (looked after children) and children who were previously looked after (note 1).
- Children who live inside the PAA (priority admission area) and attend either Lily Park (Beech), Woodside Green (Cowlersley) or Luck Lane academies (note 2).
- Children who live in the school’s Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have a brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Children who live outside the PAA but attend either Lily Park (Beech), Woodside Green (Cowlersley) or Luck Lane academies.
- Children who live in the school’s PAA.
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA who have a brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule). NB: (brother or sister means; a child with at least one natural or legally adopted parent being the same person). Original documents will be requested by the Data Manager.
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA.