Welcome to Royds Hall Community School!
Royds Hall is a successful and over-subscribed high school catering for approximately 850 students aged 11 – 16 with a growing national reputation for excellence and a strong reputation within its own community.
We are proud to be a member of Aspire Co-operative Learning Trust and our community benefits through excellent links with our Trust partners The Centre for Science Education (CSE) at Sheffield Hallam University, Huddersfield New College, Holmfirth Fair Traders Association and Huddersfield Town Football Club. A Co-operative Trust is run by its members and all staff, students, their parents and carers and members of community organisations will all be given the opportunity to become members. The cooperative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity underpin all we do. We have close links with other Co-operative Trust schools across Yorkshire and Humberside and we are looking forward to working in partnership with local schools are currently considering joining the Trust.
We are delighted to have:
- Happy, confident and aspirational students who express a real pride in their school
- Expert staff an all areas with a passion for learning and a determination to ensure all students maximise their potential
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between students, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking and innovative approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
Our school is enriched by its diversity. Approximately 40 per cent of students are from various ethnic minorities and, with more than 26 languages and 30 countries represented in school, we take great pride in our role at the heart of the local community.
We welcome visits to the school - please ring to make an appointment and we look forward to meeting you and your child.